View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 01:12 AM
yellowsnow55

Originally Posted by bigsister63
I do both SID and FMQ. I use SID to anchor my top down and then do FMQ in larger squares and borders. PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! and then press the pedal to the metal go for it. TRy FMQ on small projects and then graduate to larger. I find that FMQ is really quicker and easier after you get the hang of it especially if you meander. Just remenber to keep the quilting distance recommended by the batting manufacturer. This is also true if you SID . Good luck and Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree practice practice practice. Have been following a blog by Leah Day and find it fun practicing her designs, now have the confidence to try bigger things and am just about to finish my third baby quilt and really enjoying it too. Have a look at 365 days of free motion quilting, you can just google it and it will come up. Always used to hand piece and quilt everything but running out of time now. Have made a rule for myself, handpieced quilt are handquilted, machinepieced are machine quilted. Works for me and I actually get some finished as there are so many waiting. Still enjoy handwork most but leave that for the evenings.
Happy quilting every one! :thumbup: