View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 03:28 PM
DA Mayer

Always happens, the one time you decide to do something right. One night at work, (hospital) I had one very hard patient that I pretty much spent all night in his room. As we were charting a nurse asked me if my ring was supposed to look like it did, or was something wrong with it? It looked like a tooth was missing, the middle diamand and setting were gone. We spent the next hour changing the man's bed, dusting his floors, going through the garbage. Still couldn't find the darn thing. I remembered that we had ordered a pizza for break and I had gone in my purse to get money to pay for my share. When I opened my purse there it was laying on the bottom. My husband teased me and said I was trying to get a bigger diamond, my original ring had 5 diamond chips in settings to make them look bigger. Several years later I did get a bigger diamond in my ring for our 20th wedding anniversary. The poor patient properly wondered why he was turned so much and had his bed made twice in one shift when he didn't soil the sheets.............