Old 09-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Charlee

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Charlee
Miz Johnny...a question for you...I picked up a Singer Redeye..66 of course. Are all the 66's with back attachments 66-1's?
This machine does have the motor mount..and came with a motor attached...(I took it off)
I just did a quick search on the 66-3 to make sure, and Billy's comment on page 216 is that the 66-1 is the treadle version and 66-3 is the hand crank.
Back clamp attachments tend to be pricier, but you can find them (if you REALLY need them--how many of us need more than the straight foot??). A lot of people switch the presser foot bar out with a side clamp from a later model 66. It's an easy switch--I've done it on other machines that have issues, but keep my 66 a back clamper.
Don't need to buy the attachments, it came with a "standard" set...ruffler, pintuck, etc. It'll stay a backclamp! :) Don't think this one has ever been a handcrank...so I would assume that it's a 66-1? Serial number G4498006 tells me Feb 24, 1916... it's going to live in a treadle cabinet that I have yet to get refinished....must get on that!! :lol: