View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 11:51 AM
DebsShelties

Originally Posted by mollymct
Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Oh, you should see my video collection. From Oklahoma, South Pacific, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Bat ballet, onwards
to the Challenger horror. We taped it as it happened, it showed Christa's parents in the stands as they watched the smoke trail suddenly spread out in a giant Y..then men in suits came for them and you could see the knowledge of what had happened on their faces. This was never shown again.

Bed knobs and Broom Sticks..I still love Angela Lansbury's movies. Movies that don't have violence or vulgar language.
It seems that every movie director thinks the public won't buy into a movie unless it has 3 gallons of blood and words that are forbidden in most homes in America.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...do you see a pattern here? I love children's movies like Mary Poppins..

My kids say it's because I must be in my second childhood. Okay, I'm having fun with movies and my play time in my sewing room.
I have a large movie collection here too. Been getting TV shows on DVD lately so I can listen to them while sewing. Reciently got all of The Golden Girls, a show I really enjoyed. It's nice to have them when there is nothing on television, even though the new seasons are starting up this week, there are a few days where there is nothing to catch my interest to watch, so those will be dedicated sewing days!
I love musicals, too, Ramona Byrd! Ooooklahoma! Now I'm going to be singing that all day! :) And I love all my childhood favorites...

Deb--I just mailed my Gilmore Girls dvd's to SIL, who was placed on bedrest in her fourth month of pregnancy. They were my favorite "background" to sewing and cleaning, because I know them so well I can "watch" in my head and still concentrate on what I'm doing! I hope I get them back!
Love musicals, my favs are Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, Clamity Jane, King and I with Yul Brenner.