Old 09-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Lesley, I was the one wishing. I don't have the software & I'm hand piecing all of it. Nearly finished and not really interested in taking all the center blocks apart. ☺ Maybe in my next life, I'll get the software and play around with it. Also didn't know about the option of cornerstones as Jane's doesn't have them, & they weren't mentioned in the book, I don't think. Perhaps one of the pictured Baby Janes had them, now that I think of it. Oh, well, c'est la vie! Planning on doing Sylvia's Bridal Sampler next, but haven't decided if I'll do it by hand or machine. Will make the decision once my Baby is finished!
Sorry, Kathy, I was tired when I wrote my last message, and didn't go back to look and see who had written about wider sashings. I did cornerstones because I find it easier to get a long strip of sashing in evenly, without tons of pins, if I have cornerstones to line up with the previous row of blocks. I think you are very brave to do everything by hand, I made a couple of blocks by hand when I first got the book (perhaps two years ago?) and gave up on them.