Old 09-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by ckcowl
the siggy block swap we did we made 3 1/2" siggy block; take a 3 1/2" white square, place a scrappy 2" square on 2 opposite corners, stitch on the diagnol trim corners and press, write on the white centers. i think there are a couple pictures recently of quilts layed out from the swap. easy to do, i think it took me about 45 minutes to make over 100 blocks Not counting cutting time; i took longer to write on them but you have lots of people to do that part :)
I was thinking of the same block; I've used it before for a friend's move. Ours used 5" cut squares of light fabric for the signature, and various values of a coral/peach/pink for the corner "snowball" squares ( cut at 3" )

When you cut the corner "snowballing" squares slightly larger than half the the size of one side of the larger signature squares, it create a ribbon effect across the quilt when sewn together. The blocks can be set in "straight furrows", bull's eye, zigzag, all sorts of ways. Enjoy playing with them on a design wall before assembling into rows.

This shows sixteen blocks.

Jan in VA
Attached Thumbnails attachment-89591.bmp