Old 09-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Annya

.[/quote]Yes I did itALL. It took me 3 years to complete and it is the only big hand quilted quilt I have done. It was for my mum and she loves it but will not put it on her bed. She has 2 little chihuahuas and is afraid that their nails will rip the stitches. Thanks for the compliment.

The one on your "picture" is a beautiful appliqué, did you do it??[/quote][/quote]

Well I don't blame her for her concern about those nails ripping it. Too bad that it can't be seen tho. Can she hang it on the wall above the bed or somewhere where it can be seen and appreciated. Hummm :?: :?: :?:[/quote]
Mum has the wall to hang it but she is 83 and room has high ceilings and even I cannot reach up high enough. She prefers to have it in her cupboard so she can bring it out every so often to show it off. Mum would never let strangers into her bedroom.I am very proud of That quilt. Even some of my Aunts liked it when they first saw it. They were in on the secret in the beginning too and they also told me I did do a great job. My youngest Aunt got a Dresden Plate quilt in her favorite color--All different pinks. The SIL who just lost her husband on Saturday likes red. I am thinking about doing her a quilt for her bed but I will have to work out what will go best for her.