View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:12 AM
stitchinwitch

I SO enjoyed reading this thread - thanks for posting, CarolTee. It seems sometimes there isn't one person left that has the same memories. My daughter is dating someone who is 41 years old. He was born in 1969--wasn't that just last week??It is amazing to hear of adults (?) that were BORN in the '80's. Did I blink - did I sleep and wake up old?? what the ------- is going on? DH and I do not understand all the electronics - we still don't get the blueberry, blackberry, or any other berry. Why do they call it that anyway?
A phone that takes pictures? texting. etc?? WHY?? I remember the Brownie cameras. Do we need all that?
The news? Do we live in a foreign land now? The tv programs?? How in the world do they allow that on tv?? Clothing? boys pants down to their knees, girls boobs hanging out? Tradition?? When did THAT go out the window? Family values?? remember those?..barely..
When was it that when I looked in the mirror and saw my mother? Exactly when was it that I grew old?? I must have missed something along the way - I just don't remember getting here.