View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 01:46 PM
AJ

I love Marti's designs, but her BOM's are a real challenge due to the way the directions are written. I bought the Cabin by the Lake kit on ebay for a VERY low price, with templates and backing, from someone who'd started it then gave up. When I started working on it I understood why. You cut pieces in months 1,2,3 and 6 (!) for use in month 5, and month 5 and 7 for month 6! There are only instructions for cutting with her templates; I had the set but misplaced one, and had to do the math to know that #10 was a 2" square. The setting triangle template is a nightmare tp use; again, I had to do the math to cut these. I lost all respect for Marti Mitchell during this time; it's not enough to sell us the fabrics and patterns - she does all she can to force us to buy the templates as well, since almost no rotary cutting instructions are given. And why use templates unless you have to? I went to her wedsite and posted a very polite letter of concern, and got NO reply. I won't ever buy any of her products at retail again.