Old 09-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by Chele
Tula's patent did not run out. This is her actual blog, her actual reaction and what she plans to do about it: http://tulapink.com/2010/09/19/outraged/

I'm sure the professionals will get to the bottom of the copyright infringement. In the meantime, it would be a nice gesture not to buy any of the fabric if you do see it. One day you might have a fabric line and I know you'd want us behind you if someone stole your intellectual property. And we'd be there with bells on! :wink:
I understand about her reaction. But to start blaming a nationwide chain right off the bat is silly. The blame lies in the manufacturer who allegedly stole her pattern or patterns. Like someone said here earlier Wal mart and even major places like Sears, Khol's, Penny's etc. can't to a search on every item they sell as to where it's origin is at. All they can do is either stop selling the item or sell what is in stock and not use that particular manufacturer.

Added note:
I did read her reaction, violence is implied. I don't think the Mafia goes after little Chinese knock off artists.