Thread: C pap users
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 11:59 AM
barbrdunn

Originally Posted by theoldgraymare
I was supposed to go to the sleep clinic a few months ago, but there is no way I can leave my disabled DH alone all night. None of his nearby family are willing/able to do all the personal services I must do for him, so I had to cancel my appointment. Doctor wass less than pleased with me, but hey, you do what you have to do.
They have machines that monitor your breathing that you can take home to use for diagnostics. Ask your doctor about them. It may only be that they can be used after you have established a baseline reading in a sleep center, but maybe not. It's worth looking into because if you do have sleep apnea, it can cause major problems. My diagnosis said I was waking myself up 67 times and hour...that is one time a minute! No wonder I was falling asleep at the wheel while driving to work, not to mention general issues with attentativeness. My life changed almost overnight when I started using my C-Pap. That was 12 years ago and I have not missed a night with it in all that time.