View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
tobylehnj

I am new here but NOT new to quilting. I have been sewing ever since I could hold a needle in my hand. (age 7) I was finally allowed to use a sewing machine at school age 12 - 13. My mother had a shop machine and she would not let me use it. I made my own clothes for many year, but only started quilting in '77 after my son was born. So that is over 30 years now... WOW... I love piecing and now I have a mid arm that gets the job done faster than hand quilting. I am not perfect at it, but practice makes perfect.
I have two grown children, and 4 grandchildren, ages 14, 10, 8, and 5. All but the oldest grandchild is living with me with my son and his wife. I love seeing the children every day, but the noise and hastle can be a bit much a times.
I am treasurer of my local guild and I also belong to another guild a little further from my home. I love being around other quilters. They understand the need to touch fabric and the obsession we all have. I have already picked up some interesting info from here. I will be checking each chance I get.
So from the Southern Jersey Shore, keep quilting...
Donna
Little Egg Harbor, NJ