View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Grammie Sharon

What do you think of this idea? I was thinking of trying to start a group at church that would meet once a month for anyone interested. It would not be just for quilters but could be knitters or crocheters too.We would do charity projects. In December we house MCREST at our church. It is through our county services and we house people for a week. Our church provides a place to stay and meals. This year we will have women and children. I think we take about 20. I was thinking we could meet during the year and work on small lap quilts or knitted or crocheted ones or even layettes to present to our guests. I know I would have to run this idea by our priest and parish council but thought it might work. I think we would enjoy meeting and working on projects and then present these projects to those in need. It might brighten their day. I was wondering what anyone's thought were about doing this? I do belong to a guild and we do charity projects, but I thought this would bring women and men? together in our church. Thanks for listening.