Old 07-11-2007, 02:32 PM
vicki reno

Well, nayone that knows me knows that I love applique. I use wonder under and/or fine fuse to stick things to the background fabric. Then I like to use madeira catona thread for the top stitching. It comes in lots of gorgeous colors. I am not a big fan of the shiny threads, haven't tried them for free motion, since I am curently working on my 1st of that. I have used variegated thread both the machine embroidery stuff and some other brand. Mettler and sulky both carry some beautiful colors. WM doesn't have a real big selection in the coats and clark brand so I pick mine up here and there. I like the soft look of these threads to do top stitching with, but go with the all purpose stuff for piecing and quilting. My first thing of the catona thread, I got from Nancy's notions in a catalog sale. Then I started replenishing that a little at a time from a lady in Alexandria Va that has an internet site. Then started picking up some good stuff at the Bernina store and JoANNs because it got to be a hassle to remember the color codes and I wanted to see if what I picked out would match the piece I was working on.
Whew didn't mean to write a book, but I am gabby sometimes. :-) Sorry about that :-o