View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
I'm putting a question out for those who have attended quilting retreats. How much did you pay and what was included? How long does the activity usually last? I've never been to one but after reading the Elm Creek series I'm very interested! Share your experiences if you would please?
I used to attend the wondercut retreats when I could afford it. Their price included 5 meals, snacks, bottled water, soda, and usually 3 kits. They have fabric to sell, so that if you want a larger quilt you can purchase more fabric. Their schedule is from 1:00 pm Friday until around 8:00 p.m./ all day Saturday/, and until noon on Sunday--two times a year. I really enjoyed it, but being in the poor farm now I cannot attend. Sometimes I will call and they let me come and help others that are new to the rulers, and I also like to press for them. I also make a quilt for each retreat that is given to foster kids in the area. I am working on a UFO right now and when I have the top finished I will post it. It is one of the wondercut patterns from a reatreat.