Old 09-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Okay everyone pretty much knows that we had to put my FIL in a nursing home a few weeks ago. Well this place is in a small town and feels more like your grandmas home than what it really is. The place is full of love and caring folks and everyone just love living there including my FIL.

I was talking to the director and was asking if they have a quilting bee per se but they do not. Then my wife suggested that I start one for them and the director thought it was a brilliant idea. SO I am going to bring a couple of my treadles up there (Lord knows I have plenty) and I am going to work with the ladies and men who want to participate in it.

Now there is the thing that I am having a difficult time with......what are we going to make.

Now I know there are ladies up there that know so much about quilting and I am really looking forward to learning from them and I am also looking forward to seeing them use my treadles and bring back wonderful memories. :)

Other than this group I have never been in a quilting group much less taken a class a day in my life. I am like Eddie I just looked at a quilt one day and said "it cant be that hard" and there I go!!

So how would you guys handle something like this? I am not sure how many ladies will be participating but I plan on buying all of the materials and supplies and I am looking forward to reliving the good old days. This will also give me a chance to have an active role in the home and I can see Paw Paw more often than just once or twice a week. ;)

Billy