View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 04:31 PM
k_jupiter

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
At least we finally got Tim to crawl out of his hole and talk to us.

Tim,

I believe you may be a trifle confused on the definition of an easy quilt. Especially for a 12 year old girl, unless she is one of the few that actually appreciates hand made as opposed to mall bought gifts.

Rail fence, easy
Basket weave, easy
4 patch, easy
9 patch, easy.

Log cabin, can be done easily, though I have not mastered it yet.

Double Irish Chain.....I'm thinking you were drinking too much Irish Coffee while contemplating and easy Irish quilt for her!!!

Glad to see you back, if only for a bit.

Melissa
Well yeah. I have 15 7x7 blocks to make, 7 are already done, it takes me about 45 minutes to finish each one. (I am taking my time and making sure the checker board pattern lines up). Then there are 15 setting squares, I suspect they will be about 20 minutes each. 60 or so HST for the boarder, and then the top is done. After that, I found a nice fabric for the back, sew it on and start quilting. Probably just do the major seams in the ditch, then do a diamond hatch for all them squares.

It's in the bag. It's the other quilts that are being neglected. Not a problem if I don't start anything else... Winter don't come for quite awhile. It's not like this is Butte or anything. I do sort of have a deadline for Homeward Bound... It's next to be finished.

And the quilt selection.. My 12 YO will appreciate it. She is not a mall rat. She is a history nut! She recently got her first pair of blue jeans. I don't know where that reluctance came from since her Mom and I both wear Jeans all the time.

tim in not cold san jose