View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Quilt Ministry Leader

This has got to be the news every grandparent does NOT want to hear --- I have 2 grandsons that have lived with me and their mother for most of their lives ( ages 6 and 4). She recently married, someone I consider a total bum, and now she informs me that the oldest is going to stay with his father - who I get along well with --- but her and the youngest are moving back to her new husband's town which is almost clear across the country.
I am on disability so the likelyhood of me ever travel there is slim and since he refuses to work and her work here (don't know that she will be able to find a job there) is the only income I don't see them ever having the money to come back.
There should be something a grandparent could do. Just yesterday the grandson told me "I want to live with you." And when his mother came to get him after work he put up a real fight to stay at Ma's (that is what he has always called me).
This news has me so upset all I have done since she told me yesterday about 1:30 pm is cry not only because I am going to miss the grandson and her - but am very concerned about what kind of a life they are going to have. My oldest daughter heard and saw the guy she married threaten her with a pick ax a couple of years ago - when any thing is said the reply is they were just joking.
It may take all of my disabilty excess for this month (I have a sash of some groceries and I just will have to cut back my going anywhere) to pay a lawyer to find out what I can do if anything.