Old 07-11-2007, 04:52 PM
kcama

I was looking for a quilting forum because I have a specific question, but I'll introduce myself first then post my question in the main forum.

I've sewn all my life (I'd like to say that's only been 30 years, but I have to explain that 37-year-old daughter somehow). When said daughter was getting married, I realized I had kept scraps of all the clothes I had made her through the years, so naturally, I thought I would make her a quilt.

I bought the instructions and templates and accessories for a double wedding ring quilt and thought, this should be easy...what did I know? Eventually, it came out pretty good and I had cut enough of those little wedges to wrap coordinating frames around all her school pictures, too.

Next, I altered my best friend's wedding dress for her daughter and made all the bride's maid dresses - so she has one with all the fabrics from her wedding. I've made little 3-foot by 3-foot quilts for all my relatives and friends since - we usually have everyone sign the back at the receptions. That initial template investment was certainly worth it. Don't know if I can made any other type of quilt, but give me a curve and I'm there.

K Cama