Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Rettie V. Grama

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i am finally chiming in here, have been skipping over this topic for days, it started right out distressing me, just reading the name of the post. i am sorry, very sorry for anyone who feels they have to sneak their purchases in the door...it just seems like such a negative thing. like there are big problems? you should not be spending the money? you are going to put your family in financial ruin with your quilting addiction?
it really sounds like a problem.
i guess in lots of ways i am very lucky. first off, i would never consider 'hiding' a purchase of any kind (outside of gifts hidden until the day)it just seems dishonest.
i not only tell my hubby but i show my hubby everything i buy. he has been shopping with me plenty of times he knows what things cost, and he doesn't worry about it, as long as the bills are paid i can spend my extra money how ever i want, he does. i do not 'dip' into the household budget to feed my addiction, i support my quilting habit with quilting. most of the family helps with gift certificates for gift giving occassions so i can get those things i never want to spend my money on.
but, the only time i would ever hide a quilt shop purchase would be if i was going to make something for my hubby and him seeing what i bought would clue him in. other than that i can not imagine being 'sneaky' ...does not seem like a positive action to me...and nothing good can come from it
Right on CK