View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 07:31 AM
DebsShelties

Originally Posted by jrhboxers
LOVE MINE!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
I purchased it from a lady here on the board. What a difference it makes. Quick to cut and basically NO RULER MISTAKES. No slipping, scooting, etc. I have been amazed how much fabric I am saving. I have always bought a little extra fabric because I knew that I would ruin some with slippage. Now I have some wonderful, usable scraps. And I love the fact that it is 99% ready to use when you take it out. Really just about as easy as moving your cutting mat.

Now I am looking for the perfect fabric to make me a carrying case for it. I know that I can buy one, but I want my baby to have something special.

I am really thinking about getting my mom one for Christmas and making it a cover too. She usually buys precuts because of cutting it out and I think that she will love it. When we go home - hopefully in October - I am taking my baby and see what she thinks about it. If she flips like I think she will, I will order one for Christmas.

Although I may have to deal with having a second on hand if she doesn't want it - wouldn't want to have to deal with returning it. :twisted: Yeah, that's what I will tell my DH. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I really like this machine, have done a lot of cutting - the yard can wait!
Sewing is more important lol.
The cover that Alto's sells for it looks to be heavy canvas.
My cutting table is one that is 72 inches long with both sides up - has wheels so is mobile. I have the Alto on one side, ACCUQUILT - GO on the other.
See if your mother likes the unit, she may surprise ya. It is easy to use. Size for many may be a problem but it really is not that heavy.