View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 08:33 AM
SheilaS

As a novice quilter, I am looking to update my 32year old Bernina. In the process of researching Husqvarna & Pfaff machines, I read that some of you are very put off these brands, because they are now manufactured in China. I am in Australia and have spoken to several retailers about the change of manufacturing site. There have been no problems with availability of parts or service and everything has been business as usual. One assistant at a large distributor told me that the owner (a qualified sewing machine mechanic) actually totally took apart a new machine, just to check on the quality of build. He was extremely impressed and feels there is no need for concern. So I am looking to buy either the Husqvarna Designer Topaz 30 or the Pfaff Creative 2.0. Having test driven both, I am having difficulty deciding. The Topaz has the bigger hoop, the Sewing Advisor, Sensor system and attachable walking foot. The Pfaff has the IDT (built in dual feed) and similar features and stitches to the Topaz?? The prices are within $A200 as the Husqvarna is on special at the moment. I would really appreciate any feedback that might help me decide!