Thread: Wal-Mart Fabric
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 10:48 AM
tobylehnj

Originally Posted by tobylehnj
I was at the local wal-mart last week. I have not been there for a few weeks and I was surprised to find they re-arraanged the whole store and the fabric is only sold in pre-cut packs.

No more bolts and not much of a selection. There is a fabric store that just opened near by, but not a quilt shop.
I didn't get to complete this e-mail. I hit something and it disappeared. Anyway... Because of the new fabric shop, we DO have a place to go to get fabric (I have not been there yet) . I don't know their prices and I hear it is not a quilt shop. They do sewing classes. But no quilting. I need to travel 30 miles North to get to the quilt shop, or 30 miles south to get to Joann's. My DH and I travel to the Lancaster area of PA a lot for quilt shows. I go to the quilt shops out there to get most of my fabric. But it was nice to have wal-mart for that piece you have to have NOW and can't get to the quilt shop.

My husband was there today and said they have more food in the aisles than ever before. There is a rumer they are putting a super wal-mart close to me and they probably want to get into the food business now.