View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Quilting Aggi

I just finished my little visit to quiltville.com . I absolutely love her work and in thoughts on quilting. I read an interesting blog from her. Someone asked her why she doesn't buy all the high end fabrics and the big names and the kits.... this is what she said... and I quote it. I printed it off for myself.

"I am a Quiltmaker because I make quilts. Not because I buy the latest fabric at whatever price it retails at.

I am a Quiltmaker, driven to create by what I have on hand, not by the kit I can buy so my quilts will look just like everyone else's, so we can list the designers and collections by name in mixed quilt-company.

I am a Quiltmaker, not blown in any direction by the winds of change prevalent in the fashion and home dec industry. I make what I want to make, no matter which colors or fabrics are "in" or "out".

I am a Quiltmaker inspired by designs of Quiltmakers Past, who used the scraps they had from making the family's clothing, bedding,and more to make the quilts that covered the ones they loved at the most vulnerable times of their lives...while they slept, keeping those they loved safe and warm. This is also what drives me, this connection to those who came before."

Smart woman in my eyes.

Cheers