View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 PM
tjradj

I have used the Cricut a lot for scrapbooking. It does have the capability of producing a wide variety of shapes and letters depending on what cartridges you buy. That and each shape can be made in sizes up to 6" high in half inch increments. The problem I have with it is that it is very fiddley. You have to set the speed, pressure, depth etc. Each different fabric would need a tweaking of the settings. The advantage that I see for the Accuquilt Go over the Cricut is that you can do several layers at a time. With the Cricut, each layer has to be "stuck" to the carrying "sticky mat." You can't do more than one layer at a time. And when using fabric, I would think the sticky mat would pick up lint quickly and need replacing often. They're about $5 each. So it would depend on what you need it for. If you want to be able to make single pieces in various sizes, then the Cricut might be your choice. If you want to make large quantities of a certain shape, then the Accuquilt Go would be a better choice.
I am not familiar with the Accuquilt Studio.