View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Barbm

I bought a Singer Fashion Mate machine for $20.00, including the cabinet. It sews- I'm cleaning it up now and after 2 emails to Singer, it's been identified as a 288. I got the manual from the website (lucky me, it was free).

Now- I see that the cams for the different stitches appear to be "extras." Anyone have any idea of where to start to find some?

They are numbered: 1, 2, 5, 6, 12, 13, 27, 37, 350, 351 and 352.

(Ebay doesn't have anything.)

I'm going to put a call in tomorrow to the guy that cleans my Touch N Sew to see if he has anything and to schedule a visit for this machine and my other Touch N Sew (I was gifted- owner couldn't find the power cord).

I was feeling lucky and bought a Singer Merritt 4525 for $40 on craigslist, which is getting cleaned up and practicing sewing. The only problem, someone let their dog chew the section that comes off for free arm sewing. I figure I can sand it down and it will be OK. That will be for my future DIL for mending. I have a Merritt in the closet that was a fiasco buy on Ebay- owner said it was fine, I snapped the shank trying to get off the plastic buttonhole foot (shank is plastic). I might try to see if the shank from this one fits the closet one- it has more bells and whistles that I haven't been able to try. Then ship that one off to be gone over.

Any ideas on where to find the cams would be great! (The Touch N Sew won't fit, already tried.)

Thanks!!!!!!

Barb