View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 06:04 AM
katsewnsew

When my daughter and granddaughter were killed in a car accident 18 years ago, her remaining twins, 5 yrs. old at the time, went to their father. Not 2 weeks after the funeral, I received 2 letters from him and his new wife (my daughter was divorced from him and remarried). Of course, they were asking for money if I wanted to see my twin grandchildren. At the time, I lived in Arizona and they lived in Indiana. We got a lawyer, flying back and forth to Indiana was hard but worth it, we had to go to a child psychologist, several different court dates, etc. to the tune of $15,000. We won our case, but it was short-lived. Indiana passed a law that grandparents had no rights, as long as there were no felonies on the father, we could not do anything. Needless to say, the twins were brought up with dad, his wife and his family. We hardly ever hear from them at all. I feel your pain and wish that maybe in whatever state you live in, that you will be able to do something! I really miss my grandchildren. Grandson will be graduating from Ball State this summer and Granddaughter has my great grandson, whom I have only seen once. I pray for you! This is a definite heart-breaker! God bless and good luck!