Old 09-22-2010, 06:49 AM
missionslady

I know that there has been a lot of discussion regarding WalMart phasing out fabrics. Recently someone posted that they heard they may bring back fabrics. I decided to e-mail the company to see if this is true, and it is not. They do not plan to bring back fabric on the bolt; their new craft centers will carry fat quarters and notions for quilters. I then contacted the corporate office expressing how their their decision to phase out full service fabric departments will hinder our source of finding quality, affordable fabric to make charity quilts. I received a response saying that they were in the process of phasing out fabric departments and replacing it with a larger craft section they call 'Celebration Life' which is items for birthdays, weddings, etc.

WalMart takes much pride in what it does for the community. I think if many of us would contact the company expressing in a kind but firm manner what a hardship this will be to quilters across the United States who make quilts for charities, it may make a difference. To contact their headquarters, go to WalMart.com.At the bottom of the page in little print you will find several columns. Look at the one with the title--help. Under this heading click on 'contact us.' This will take you to a new page with two boxes. The second box has the heading: WalMart Stores. One of the options under that heading is to contact WalMart Corporate Headquarters. Click this and it will provide you a space to write your comments. Hopefully if they hear from enough of us across the country, they will take us seriously and reconsider their decision to cut or reduce fabric to focus instead on "Life's Celebrations!" I plan to share this information with my local guild as well. At least we can give it our best try!