View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Ps 150

It is still so amazing to me to see all these helpful quilters on here and today, I had my first in-person experience with helpful quilters. I'm a New Yorker and most of us are content to go our own way or to be left alone. (I read 'Quilting For Dummies' because I had no one who had the time to teach me) Then I joined this wonderful board with all these helpful women.

Today, while struggling to pick out 20 coordinating fabrics for a bargello, (and I mean struggling since I'm a newer quilter), these two, sweet women stopped picking out their own fabrics to help me when they saw me in front of the same bolts for a while. They were shuffling bolts and hemming and hawing almost as much as I was. I am so glad they were there, my own quilting guardian angels, to keep me from buying unnecessarily. The Bible tells about older women teaching and helping younger women and I really saw that in a quilting light today. I don't think I could have coordinated that many fabrics without their help today.