View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 12:25 PM
DoxieMom

Very good idea! I like the design. Another one on my to-do list!
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
A Warm wishes quilt is a fast, down and dirty quilt that looks much more complicated than it is. It is a breaze to make. I am not sure I can find the instructions tonight, but if you are interested, I will find it for you tomorrow. Basicly it is just a feature fabric that you pull three colors from for the other three fabrics you buy. Then you decide what size blocks you want and cut them out. Then you cut the three fabrics into strips that when they are sewn together equal out to the same size as your original cut blocks. Sew the strips all the same. Then divide them by the cross cuts, making a square. It is the way you turn the blocks that creates the pattern. That is it! It creates the different colored frames around your feature fabric. Easy Peasy!
In the meantime, here is a link to some pictures on them.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Then you just have to layer with a 80/20 batting and backing, pin every thing into place to keep it there and do a simple stitch in the ditch 10 inches apart. (Or closer if you wish. The 80/20 allows you to quilt 10 inches apart) Cut off the batting and put your bias binding on.