Old 09-22-2010, 01:14 PM
sewTinker

I've only made a few quilts - around 20-25. They've gone to family members, an elderly neighbor, and about four to children in Nicaragua. I have none here in my home that I've made. Although I do have a few quilt tops without backs (destined for the Nicaraguan children); one for my granddaughter that I am almost finished quilting; and, one I made for my father-in-law that I inherited when my mom-in-law passed away. (and of course, the ones that I'm currently working on.)

I've never made a bed-sized quilt. Although I have made duvets and pillow shams. My quilts are all lap-size, in varying sizes. They've gotten bigger as I've quilted longer.

And the cost? Kind of like everyone else has said, I am a fabric gatherer. When I first started quilting, I used to buy lots of fat quarters. Now I don't buy anything smaller than 1/2-yard, although I do love those little guys. I do buy sets of pre-cut strips, and occasionally charms.

I have loads of fat quarters and I'm so happy I do because I'm always running to them to make little things, or to fussy cut to personalize a quilt.