Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

my lap quilts are always about 60"x72"-80" (the guys in my world are all well over 6feet tall, so i make them long.
i pretty much give them away...to friends, family, charities. i may sell 2-6 a year. depends. as far as charity quilts,,,i do not skimp on quality fabrics because it is going to a charity, if anything i make sure there is no 'less than quilt shop quality' fabrics in a quilt i am sending away. if i am going to use any sub-standard fabrics they are going into the kids game/car quilts that get used to death and replaced. i would think it probably costs about an average of $125-$150 to make a lap quilt. i don't usually...most of my quilts are queens, an occassional king...for the kids, large twins...leaning toward fulls. if i receive (and accept) a special order for a quilt i talk to the person about what they have in mind and budget. i try very hard to stay within budget, if i dont think it's possible i let the person know it is not possible...and the bear-minimum i can do it for...like dog-gone game quilts...i love making them the kids love them...no matter what i do it costs me $125 to make one...not including any time. anyhow.....
my family gets most of my quilts...and some of them have very expensive quilts.