Old 09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
noveltyjunkie

I love this board but there is one thing that does prevent me from enjoying it even more.

It is when there is a long thread and the original poster responds to suggestions on page 3 (or where ever) and then people keep making the same suggestions, over and over and over and over and over! - I get excited when I see a notification for a thread I am following and then I get disappointed when it is something I read from someone else two weeks ago, and the original poster has already explained that she tried it, or why she did not try it, or what she has done instead.

I know that people often don't have time to read every response but can I make a suggestion? If you notice a long thread, and you are ready to jump in, you can do a really quick check to see if the poster has already responded to your idea. You click on her/his name, see the profile, look at "posts created" and click "LIST" and see right there if they have posted again on that thread. If they did, you can go right to "view message".

The original poster can also help by altering the title of their thread to include something like "see latest update on page 6" or "I have decided, thank you", or whatever....

Just an idea. I love this little community but sometimes we are like a disfunctional family- everyone talking at once and no one listening :-/