View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
kalady

Originally Posted by jacqueck
Kalady,

I love your quilt, and realized this afternoon (after looking at it for the umteen time :) that the center block of your quilt is different than the Baltimore Halloween pattern. Can you please share where that block came from?? Many thanks,
I started out with the Baltimore Halloween BOM pattern by P3 Designs. I started to feel some of the elements were a little redundant even though I do understand the design concept of repetition- just a few too many brooms and witch hats for me personally. Also the fruit basket block 2 with the spider web did not seem to read with the rest of the quilt- remember this is just MHO- no reflection off the original pattern. So I added the frogs and skeletons but tried to keep the artistic style of the original. As you can see in my pics and notes I made changes here and there. The center block is my own design and draws elements from the rest of the quilt just like the candy cauldron did- you will note in the pictures I downsized the candy cauldron to replace Block 2 -the fruit basket. I decided on the Haunted House because I wanted a fun focal point. The frog, colored eyes and monster at the door I added because the house was reading too dark. One fun thing to know is that I used the back side of the wood door and windows fabric to give a more aged look.