Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by sandybeach
Was hoping you could give me some information on this machine. Picked it up at a yard sale Friday for $25.00.
I can tell you anything you want to know about this one!! This is your basic Japanese 15 but I know for a fact that it was made by Koyo. I have done a lot of research on this company and they merged with Seiko to form Koyo-Seiko and then they disolved that entity into just Seiko. That machine was manufactured in Japan on of the few that were actually made in Japan with Japanese parts. Later on when they were Koyo-Seiko they started buying a lot of their parts from India from a company named SK Sharma and Sons. Eventually when they went to Seiko they subcontracted exclusively to India for their machines and now all of the Seiko machines are made there.

The machine you have is believed to be a demo model. I believe that the models that were not badged were the ones that they sent out to the different companies for approval and then they added their names to them later. This machine is identical to my "Universal" that I have that was mad by Koyo-Seiko.

Now here is something really neat about your machine, the only versions of that machine that I have seen without badging has always been the Koyo versions.

Billy