Thread: keeping quilts
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 03:53 PM
neece

I have given away quilts and that is always hard. I made a quilt of dogwood, I painted the pink on the blossoms, I applicated the flowers and leaves and stems, made pillow shams to match and it was gorgeous. I made it with my niece in mind. When I gave her her graduation presents I was so disappointed!She wants to be an elementary school teacher so I got nice boxes from Office Depot, covered them with some really nice wrapping paper and filled them with teacher things. A parachute, some Little Golden Books, holiday decorations, 25 rolls of ribbon, 20 sponge brushes, bulletin board cutouts and paint and markers. I was so excited, I had been collecting this stuff for 4 years and I was so into this gift. My niece opened 3 boxes full of treasures and with no emotion said "thank you". I was crushed. I really put a lot of time and energy and creativity aand I knew if she responded to the quilt like that I would probably make a scene that would put Scarlett O'Hara to shame ! Yes my niece is quiltless and I refuse to feel guilty. I have taped to my refrigerator this saying and I believe it. "Sometimes it's okay to be selfish".
:roll: :roll: :roll: :(