View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 AM
zyxquilts

Worked on it from 6:30 - 11:30 last night, & got the quilting done. The next step required the rotary cutter, so I waited until this morning for that LOL! I just zig-zagged the edge, but it's done enough to go to Guild tonight. The black outer border is a neat looking ribbon that has a basket weave appearance. I really liked the way it looked, but it is awful stuff! Just the dry skin on my fingers snagged it - rats! So, I am taking it to the meeting tonight, but I think I'll be either cutting it off or covering it up somehow later.
I used silver metallic thread to quilt it with & didn't have too much trouble with it which actually suprised me! The writing in the center is the "12 Steps for Fabric Addicts" that I wrote. It's just printed on card stock & sewed right in! (I just read a "Quilt Art" magazine.... :wink: ) After I change that black ribbon, I might just add some more embellishments - we'll see.

sue
p.s. I don't understand why the pic is so dark, but it seems to be OK if you download it.

taa-daaaa!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67708[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-67703.jpe