Old 09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
lotus63000

Originally Posted by lotus63000
Hello everyone....

I'm confusing about a border size for a queen size quilt....if my approximated quilt size is 83"x83" and adding 2.5" of small border, so how wide of a outer border should be......4", 5" or 6".....my quilt is sooooo huge now. it's almost a king size......please suggest....

thanks
Thank you very much for all of your suggestions...I decided to add more 4- 1/2 inches on my quilt that I don't want..It made my quilt is already the king size. fortunately, my bed is queen size and having one box spring in the bottom and a mattress on the top that made my bed is high enough for my quilt....

I was soooo stupid cause I though that after I posted I would receive notification e-mail from the quilting board concerning to the respondent from you all .. I didn't go through the unread topic for checking...that was why I missed all of your suggestions. However, it was done and sent to quilt yesterday....

Thank you sooo much again...I will take all of your advice for my next quilt which I'm working......and now I know the border width doesn't have mandator. I can add any border size I want....

here is my finished top quilt which I confused about the border.....

Taking a picture at the quilting lady's house, yesterday
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94062[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-94057.jpe