Old 09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by Feather3
I am one who does NOT buy party supplies, go to parties where WM assumes everyone uses this stuff, nor do I do scrapbooking. I do sew & sew allot. I just spent over $100.00 yesterday at JoAnn's. With todays crappy economy most of us buy things that we can get more than one times use out of & that ain't throw-away party supplies. If they wanted to add these items to their shelves so be it, but they should have never removed the fabric.

Here's a true example of WM's wonderful community charity:
A WM Rep came to the motorcycle club my huz belongs to several years ago. The club is non-profit & does charity for children who have illiness. They donate to any other organization as long as they get some kind of recognition. The club has raised & donated many thousands of dollars over the years. The club's walls are lined with plaques & trophies for donations. WM was asking the club (which has around 65 members) to donate to them, so they could take that money & donate it to a local family who had a terminal child. The club asked if they did this would the club get any recognition. The answer was NO, but WM would. We were shocked that such a big company would consider such a thing. The club told this person we don't do that, but would donate directly to the family. The rep refused to give the club the families name & address. I've heard more stores like this. WM is all about image.

One of the things I hate the most about WM...is to walk into the store & hear a dept of employees "chanting" & clapping. Nothing like a good brain washing to get your day started. I have relatives that work there & they hate this.

If K-Mart sold fabric I bet most of us would flock to them to not only buy fabrics, but other items as well. At least K-Mart doesn't make their employees "chant" every day.
I used to work at K-Mart. No chanting I promise:> But, there were some other major dislikes I had with the company. Though, I bet most employees have some issues with their employer;>