Old 09-22-2010, 07:55 PM
missionslady

There have been some excellent suggestions given. I never thought about asking stores such as K Mart and Target if they might consider carrying fabric. That would be worth a try, especially if they knew there was a whole community of quilters looking for a good source of affordable fabric. Someone mentioned Hobby Lobby, and I agree, they have very good fabric. Some is quilt grade fabric for your nicer quilts, while they also carry more moderate priced fabric. Hobby Lobby should be commended for continuing to carry fabric along with other crafts and hobby items. Their fabric is priced lower than JoAnn's, even without a sale. We have one HL store here in Pensacola, and I would go to it more were it on my side of town. But they are a great store, and I have bought a lot of fabric from them over the years. I think we would be wise to let the corporate office of Hobby Lobby know how much we appreciate their carrying fabric, as well as the management in our local Hobby Lobby stores. Sometimes we don't appreciate these things enough until we don't have them, such as what happened with Walmart.