View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 03:15 AM
bearlea

I have been reading this thread for a since yesterday and I got on my podium than and got back off..but.. this morning it hit me...its a shame we can't be as forgiving and generous and non judgemental to our family and friends as we can to people we never meet doing our charity quilts...whats the old saying....charity begins at home...you have no idea what the charity quilts you give are being used for...you shouldn't care what they are being used for in your loved ones homes..if you made it with love...I am not usually the type of woman to complain about things but I am amazed at what you all have said....we have all had someone in our family and friends who have misused a quilt (according to our prospective) but maybe not according to theirs...sharing it with their beloved pet may be their way of showing how much they love them...when my Lucy(8 year old bloodhound) was sick with cancer we used whatever we could to keep her warm and comfortable...when we got a new puppy I made her a quilt...I still have it...corner is chewed but its Beulahs mark she was here...maybe someday a new puppy will love it...I love quilting...I can't possibly keep every quilt I make..I would be out of room...but I love being generous and loving to my family and friends...I really don't care how they see fit to use it...my son will be receiving his over size king quilt this weekend..I did say I will never make another one this big...but I know my son has 3 children and a cat and a wife who is a bit of a slob...(I love her anyway)..he wanted a black and white quilt he saw at a quilt shop when he stopped in to see me...so I made it black white and red..but I put a black backing on it..so hopefully it won't show as many stains as the children help to break it in over the next several years..the kids sleep with them when they are sick..so I kept that in mind..stitching every stitch with love and thoughts of the future and what this quilt will see...again I won't be here forever but the quilt might make it longer than I ...I am not worthy of anything in my life that I have been so generously given..but all the same someone has given to me...so I generously and unjudgingly give back...again making a quilt is an act of love...love should be unconditional...ok again off my podium...I hope you all have a quilty day and that you are all blessed in your lifes..blessings