Old 09-23-2010, 05:20 AM
sewTinker

My husband plays golf about three x's a week. I quilt. I genuinely love it that he plays golf. He proudly loves it that I quilt. When we were raising a family, we had to mind our pennies and couldn't afford to pursue our hobbies in this way. We're retired now, and golf and quilting are what it's all about! lol... We don't take cruises or other expensive vacations. We live fairly quiet, content lives.

But I must say... I oftentimes am tempted to Sneak things into the house - some kind of hardwired guilt? When that feeling comes over me, I repeat that first paragraph to myself. hahaha...

*adding an edit to this*
When I was 49, I quit smoking. I was nervous as a cat and told him I was thinking I should take up quilting, so I went to a local quilt shop and bought a pattern and some fabric. My sewing machine was an old Brother that I'd bought for myself when I was 20 - before I'd met him. I returned home with my new fabric, a book, and some basic, low-end tools and spent the evening figuring out what to do. The next morning he took me to breakfast and stopped at a quilt shop and bought me a Bernina. I love that man.