View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 05:38 AM
jcarilyn

Good morning eveyrone. I'm hoping someone can help, I really don't want to have to take the machine to the shop, I have a bunch of stuff to do this weekend.

I'm fairly new to quilting and have been practicing my FMQ. I've done a few that are okay, nothing to write home about, but I keep practicing.

Anyway, the past few days, I've been having a terrible time with the top thread breaking while FMQ'ing and then last night, it started to break needles too! I can only get a few inches of quilting done and "whammo", either the top thread breaks or the needle breaks.

I've rethreaded it about a hundred times, cleaned it out about 40 times (all in the past few days)! It does sort of feel a little tight in the thread slots, but I can't get to them.

I'm using Connecting Threads thread, which is what I use all the time.

I did send an email to my dealer this morning, but figured I would put it out here as well.

Any thoughts? I will probably take it to the dealer, but I hate to be without the machine this weekend, I have a 3 day weekend that is supposed to be a sewing/fabric shopping weekend!

Thanks!

Carrie