View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Kitsapquilter

I found myself in this situation just in the past 3 months. I made a king size quilt for my son and his wife. Posted pictures of it on facebook. A guy who grew up and went to high school with our son soon said "I want a quilt". Welll, his Mom had just passed away. I didn't have the heart to say no to him. So I made him a deal. He wanted a "messy" quilt, meaning a scrappy quilt. I knew I had plenty of scraps in my stash to make him a large "messy" quilt. So I told him that I would make him a quilt because he has been like another one of our kids. But since hubby and I are now seniors living on a fixed income I don't have much ready cash to spend on having a quilt quilted. So he is going to pay for having it quilted. It is in the making right now...a "messy" log cabin. He was perfectly willing to pay the $150 or whatever to have it quilted. So I believe he is worthy of the work I am putting into this. By the way I have the 64 blocks done. Just have to figure how I am going to lay it out and then sew it together.