Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Bobby's Girl

----"Thank you for posting this. I am a former WM employee and frankly I'm getting sick of all the WM bashing that goes on this board. I'm on the brink of leaving the board over it. Why does everything posted on this board have to turn into a controversial topic?" ----

I didn't want to offend anyone in any way when I complained previously about Wal-Mart's eliminating the fabric department, so I'll try to clarify my complaint.

According to reports on TV, Wal-Mart is the only store that runs the "little guy" out of business, and no one is fat except the people who eat at McDonald's. THAT is bashing, and I don't like it. I talk back to the TV every time I hear one of those reports. What I say about WM is just friendly griping. I love Wal-Mart. We shop there almost exclusively. We spend thousands of dollars there every year. We want WM to make a profit. We own a small amount of Wal-Mart stock, have friends who work there, and know that our local WM budgets a certain amount of money each month to donate to community organizations. Yet, some of the company's marketing decisions aggravate me, such as taking out the fabric department, no longer selling embroidery supplies, not selling Creamettes pasta and Act II popcorn. Maybe they do sell lots of scrapbooking, party, and bead supplies, but when they sold fabric, I always had to wait my turn to get fabric cut. I haven't seen anyone waiting in line to buy beads. Some things just bother a griper like me.