Thread: Iron
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 09:05 PM
cathyvv

Originally Posted by plainjane
My Rowenta Focus has been leaking for the last two weeks. I fill it up and next thing you know, there is a puddle of water. I've been sitting it in a plate with a dish towel to catch all of the water and not ruin my ironing board cover. I, too have been on the prowl for a new iron and don't know which way to go. I love the steam of the Rowenta, but didn't know if I wanted to spend that much AGAIN. I usually go to amazon.com and read all of the feedback on all of the irons-still can't make up my mind! I had thought about a new post-what kind of iron do you have and do you really like it. I'm keeping a close look at this thread!
Keep in mind that water and electricity are a bad mix. There's probably no reason to worry, but why take the chance.

I dropped a pricey iron last year. My husband glued it together, but it leaked. He is frugal-man, and wanted to re-glue. I told him I could afford a new iron, and brought up the water/electricity issue. He, of course, gave me a dirty look - like that would stop me from getting a new iron! I did concede that a cheap one would do the job and got the cheapest one I could find, $9.99. For some reason that one won't fall off the ironing board!