View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 02:03 AM
tweetee

Years ago, I loaded the dishwasher, an under the bench type, and set it running, and went outside to do some gardening. I came back inside about 20 minutes later for a glass of water, and my kitchen was filled with acrid smoke! I quicky ran to the meter box on the house and shut off all the electricity so the house wasnt getting any at all, then ran back inside and got my hands on the fire extinguisher, but there was no fire thank goodness. I managed to get the dishwasher out from under the bench, and the power plug had melted, and welded itself to the powerpoint. To think if i had gone out and left it going horrifies me, I would have lost everything.

So, since then, I do not leave anything running at all, not even the heater or airconditioner when I go out, or when I go to bed. I even go as far as turning the taps off the washing mahine and turning all the switches off too, except the fridge of course.

This serves as a reminder to everyone what can happen. If cathyvv was not at home.....who kows what might have happened??