Old 09-24-2010, 06:31 AM
moonangel12

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
I had the same problem, just couldn't seem to wrap my head around the concept of sewing on the wrong side of the paper with the fabric on the wrong side as well. :shock: I was like huh? You want me to do what? :shock:
I finally had a friend sit down with me and she had me sew a simple log cabin block with her instructing me. I felt so stupid afterwards because it turned out to be so simple.
My advice is to either have a quilting friend show you or stop by a quilting shop on their open sew time and ask for help. Just have everything with you and I'm sure they would be happy to help.
Hope this helps. :lol:
Faith :XD:
I think you just turned the light bulb on with your comment about the wrong side of the paper and the wrong side of the fabric! I think that's what was confusing me, I just didn't understand how it worked, but I never realized that little detail! Duh! I really think my kids have sucked every living brain cell out of my head! It's such a simple concept I guess, but I just couldn't wrap my brain around it... sheesh :roll: