View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 09:22 AM
adyldrop

Originally Posted by daffodil
the first thing I suggest is to stop and pick up a yellow "tourist map" it's a very good thing to have, very easy to follow!

a few favs:
Sauder's in Denver, not too far out of Lancaster
Petersheim's-- GREAT place, they have lots of finished quilts, and a back room full of fabric, they are in Bird in Hand, if you follow RT 896 out of Lancaster, at the T intersection, go right, and they are just down on the right, don't miss them, you'll regret it!

Cedar Lane is in New Holland, on Orlan Rd, great place to buy multi pack blades at a great price

last, find Obie's Country Store , on Rte 23 in Goodville, you will be AMAZED at the fabric they have packed in there!! Do not expect a quilt shop, as they are not!! The place is hap hazard, but if you are looking for something, ask the owner, who usually works there, and she will go right to the perfect spot to find it for you. Upstairs they have finished quilts, Amish, at extremely reasonable prices!! This is a one of a kind place, almost like a warehouse, but the best prices out there-- my husband and I were just there last week, and I had to climb a ladder to shop for yellows, LOL, I loved it!!
good luck, have fun!!
SWEET!!!Thanks!!!!!!