Thread: sewing machine?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 09:43 PM
mudsprite

Hi there and welcome.

I don't know much about Janome, I had a small machine years ago and it worked well. I favor Baby Lock as they are user friendly. If you want a few more dec stitches and small monograms, I would go with the Quilters Choice and I love the extension tables on them. Four gals in our group have the Dec. Choice and are very pleased, 6 have Quilters Choice and they love them and we all bring them to our quilt meetings every week.

I would recommend your visit both dealerships and sit down and sew. Bring flannels, denim, whatever and watch the stitching, listen to the motor. I love the thread cutter on mine, some people don't care. I also think about warranty and bonuses. Because I bought my BL at a dealer that has fabric, I get 15 per cent off everything I buy.
Thread, fabrics, patterns. I didn't think I would use the dec stitches as much as I have. Oh, and ask when they have their demonstration model sales as you can save up to 30 per cent or more.

The gals that have Janome love their machines too which is why you should go and sew on the machines you like. I went back and forth between Pfaff and Babylock for 3 months. I thought they would ban me but it is good for business.

So good luck and let us know what you do. Please.
Cindy